9.21.2017

when dreams mix

strange moments like these seem a lifetime ago and part of someone else's past they sit back in one dark corner of my brain waiting for me to think about them again. 
 when i've been drinking too much or see an old friend in my sleep or hear an old song or smell a smell that i just can't remember what it means to me 
 oh when my dreams mix with my memories it's tough to tell them apart and after enough time passes by separating them is so hard 
 it makes me wonder if what i recall isn't real at all... it makes me wonder if the past i remember is make believe just fantasy... 
 a figment as they say product of a warped imagination the result of too many drugs 
 others call it creative insanity oh yes they get it but no one listens to them so they all shake their heads and settle for a big weird group hug 
 but i'm not like that i know what's going on i know i'm in control 
 just don't follow me ok i march to my own drum now let me sleep i have my future to create...

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...