9.21.2017

an apology

blistering heat
from the scourged and scoured sun
is turning and burning my skin
to a radiant dayglow rainbow 
of blues purples and reds

almost as cosmetically vibrant 
as the playful autumn leaves
shifting and drifting in swirling hot waves
as they dance to feverish mirliton serenades
over and around my broken body and mind

from ground level view the weeds rise tall
thistle crowns clover and dandelions
push skyward obscuring my vision
as the weeks creep by I lie
no more rivers
no more sky

my vision grows dimmer oh my eyes
and my muscles grow weak and sore
i know that even though i can't move them now
i can't move them anymore

the resurgent trees
suspend me now
branches spreading through my soul
compromising my fragile mortality
but physical pain has long since subsided
tears have lost their meaning
i can almost see the ground below

is this what it feels like to die
or is this what it feels like to live
ive risen so much been lifted up so high
by something so incomprehensively grand
without asking of me a thing to give


please forgive us mother nature earth
we have taken shaken and forsaken thee
only time will help us now
do with mankind as you will
life is over for me
i know that i cant speak for the rest of humanity

but i'm sorry...

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...