5.08.2009

Time Goes By

time goes by as i'm walking down the road
the dirt beneath my feet, and the grass between my toes
i could look down at the ground
as i walked my solemn stroll
but i'd rather look up high in to the clear blue sky...

thinking back
about the yesterdays
that seemed so endless then
but are far too distant now.
i don't know
how far i would have come
if you weren't in my life
if we'd never met somehow.

time goes by as I'm walking down the road
the birds are flying high and the clouds are white above
i could always want
something i'd never have
but i'd rather dream a dream that might come true...

ten thousand years could pass away and i would never smile
if i had to live my life without you
ten thousand ships could sail to distant lands
and never understand the things i do
for you...

time's gone by and i'm lying in my grave
my life is over and there's only yesterday
i can think back on the days
when you filled my life with joy
that's my heaven and now i'm bound for glory...
for glory
for glory.

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...