5.14.2010

optimist

the last place i would think of looking
is right where i always find
whatever im looking for

the last time i attempt something
is the time it always seems
i get it done

if i want sun it rains
if im sad everyone smiles at me
if i want to be alone
there's freakin people everywhere
if i want to sleep there's noise
pounding on my head around me
they don't give a crap
and i dont care

it makes me sick
the way people act
nice to your face
and then flip you off
when you turn your back

you can try all you want
to treat others
the way you want
to be treated
it might soothe your conscience
it might help you sleep at night
but as soon as you walk out the door
society will wrong your rights

the views of an optimist
all wrapped up
in a soggy paper wad of reality
dripping all over my shoes
falling apart through my fingers

my lofty ideals arent keeping me warm anymore
what once was fire-hot has burned out cold
i guess ive been slapped across the face
with the big hand of
"wake up smell the shit boy"

maybe someday things will turn around
then maybe people will learn
to appreciate each other again
until that day i will keep trudging on
keep washing the dirt
off what lies beyond
until either it or me is gone

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...