5.08.2009

Rain

a boy
watching the day
with my elbows on the sill
clear water drips from the leaves
in the yard outside
a small waterfall
splashes down the stone wall
and over the edge of the eaves,
making quick little pools
and even quicker streams.

the rain
the quiet cool rain
on the southern wind
it drifts in
it cools my skin
into the open window
and then out again.

I feel the hard wooden floor
under my bare feet
as I look through the glass
I can hear the creaks from the roof
and the branches outside.

outside I smell the freshness
feel the clean scent
of the summer afternoon,
the blades of grass
tall at the edge of the yard
are cold and wet on my legs--
and the wobbly drops of water
fall and tickle as they run
down my face.

gray and white clouds
glide fast above the trees
hurrying like they have somewhere
more important to be--
then all at once
stripes of sunlight
burst through,
slicing the moist shade
into shiny white slivers
and shimmering glass gems.

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...