5.08.2009

Depth

meandering along the concrete bastion
and the cinder block wall that ground harshly against my toes
i found a crack that was just big enough to slip through.

inside the dimly-lit cavern was a single phosphate-grey cylinder
with fourteen and seven watery glistening eyes
as if it had been crying...
crying over a long lost continent...
or perhaps just crying to hear it's anxious tears
tap out a rapping against the worn tin floor.

i held out one inquisitive hand
but it silently shrank back
a victim of cautious apprehension...
"allowing this being to exist was to question the eagerness of the Supreme Creators
to inundate their time with such trivial aberrations,"
i thought to myself.

as if that wasn't enough--
terrific forces must have ripped apart the very structure of momentary reason
giving birth to a pungent mass of flowering organics
at the edge of the over-laden garden cistern!

suddenly, i looked up and around to see storms of azure fire
encircling my head, my God!
enveloping my senses, my Lord!
tasting metallic yet somewhat like stale oily sodium crackers.

i bent down to ponder my quick escape
but an exit was not apparent...
nor did it seem to be apropo under the all-consuming circumstances at hand.

"only an idiot with a kid knot for a brainstem would sit this one out,"
i chuckled with a smirk that only i could see
reaching into my pocket i felt denim and then the shiny blade of my sterling Cancuso dagger...
suddenly the scales tipped in my favor!

No comments:

an apology

blistering heat from the scourged and scoured sun is turning and burning my skin to a radiant dayglow rainbow  of blues purples and reds alm...